Firefighters securing the building.
Firefighters securing the building.

BREAKING: Staff evacuated after fire in council chambers

 A FIRE on a stove in a staff kitchen has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.

Fire crews are on site and the blaze has been extinguished.

Nobody was injured in the fire, and staff are gathered outside the building until it's safe to return to work.

A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.
A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick. Jayden Brown


Multi-million dollar project slated to trigger job hike

premium_icon Multi-million dollar project slated to trigger job hike

Region jobs will be up for grabs if a $150m solar farm is approved

Rock wall saves holiday sites from impending collapse

premium_icon Rock wall saves holiday sites from impending collapse

The council project resolved a potentially disastrous situation

Local Partners