Be ready for fires
QUEENSLAND Fire and Rescue Service (QFRS) Commissioner Lee Johnson encouraged residents to discuss bushfire plans with their families in case they are faced with a fire emergency.
“Residents who plan to stay and defend their property should finalise their preparations around the home,” he said.
- Ensuring the yard is clear of long dry grass, fallen leaves and twigs;
- wood piles are moved away from the home;
- gutters are cleaned of leaves; and
- gathering appropriate fire-fighting equipment ;
- make sure you have protective clothing available.
If a serious fire occurs, regular updated information will be provided on the QFRS Rural Operations website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or at www.fire.qld.gov.au and residents are advised to listen to their radio.
Related: Bundaberg aflame.
Keep up-to-date with fires and fire bans in Bundaberg region.
Read more about fires in Bundaberg.Get up-to-date weather information for the Bundaberg region.