BBQ gone wrong sets car alight

IT WAS a summer barbecue gone wrong when a Tooloa resident who could not light heat beads tried to light them with fuel last night.

A Queensland Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said they were called to the Barramundi St house at around 7.15pm to find a car and a house alight.

A police spokesperson said the man recieved burns to his hands.

The QFRS spokesperson said although the heat beads were not alight they had enough heat in them to light the fuel can which the resident then kicked down thr driveway to get it away from the house.

The can rolled underneath a four-wheel drive in the driveway causing it to catch fire. The QFRS spokesperson said there was extensive damage caused to the car.

The fire spread to a garden bed and the house next door and the QFRS spokesperson said there was superficial damage to the structure of the house.



LIQUIDATION: Court orders iconic pub to be wound up

premium_icon LIQUIDATION: Court orders iconic pub to be wound up

The company owes more than $1.2 million to the ATO

Contractor behind failed Tobruk sinking silent on insurance

premium_icon Contractor behind failed Tobruk sinking silent on insurance

Department of Environment says it is premature to comment on wreck

BREAKING: Crews battle blaze at Gregory River

BREAKING: Crews battle blaze at Gregory River

QFES are at the scene of a bushfire at Gregory River

Local Partners