Queensland Ambulance Service was called to an Agnes Water residence this morning to assist a woman who reported getting battery acid in her eyes.
Queensland Ambulance Service was called to an Agnes Water residence this morning to assist a woman who reported getting battery acid in her eyes.

Battery acid scare for woman at Agnes Water

A WOMAN required medical assistance this morning after she reported getting battery acid in her eyes at Agnes Water.

Queensland Ambulance Service officers were called to a residence about 8.15am.

A QAS spokesman said nothing had exploded but the woman in her 20s was concerned that she had wiped battery acid in her eyes.

She was taken to a local GP for further treatment.



Covid fragments detected at local wastewater facility

Premium Content Covid fragments detected at local wastewater facility

Residents in number of suburbs are being encouraged to get tested if they have any...

EXPLAINED: How fireys are using water bomber in Fraser fire

Premium Content EXPLAINED: How fireys are using water bomber in Fraser fire

“We’re going to take every opportunity to slow the spread of the fire,” says QFES...

STAY INFORMED: QFES battling Buxton fire

STAY INFORMED: QFES battling Buxton fire

QFES are at Buxton working to control a bushfire burning towards Barretts Rd.