About 90 drivers booked for speeding offences on the weekend
NINETY drivers were booked for speeding offences over the weekend with the launch of Operation Springbreak.
Over the weekend, officers throughout Bargara, Bundaberg, Childers, Eidsvold, Gin Gin, Monto, Mount Perry and South Kolan divisions have issued the following infringements:
- 6 x Drug Driving
- 1 x Drink Driving
- 2 x Driver use hand-held mobile phone
- 1 x Driver fail to wear seatbelt
- 90 x Speeding offences (various exceed speed categories)
- 1 x Drive/park defective vehicle
- 1 x Drive/park vehicle fitted with optional equipment not complying with vehicle standards
During the September and October school holidays, police are involved in a state-wide road policing initiative, aimed to reduce the number of serious injury and fatal traffic crashes.
Operation Springbreak started on Friday, September 18 and finishes on October 9.
This initiative has been designed to direct community attention to the well-known Fatal Five, which are:
- Impaired driving (drink/drug driving)
- Non-compliance with seatbelt legislation