Scorpions in Moore Park
A MOORE Park mother took to Facebook, seeking information after finding a scorpion hiding in her daughter's room.
She said she was shocked and had lived in the area for a year and had not seen any before.
"It was underneath a towel on her door," Ms Evans said.
In the Facebook post, Ms Evans asked if anyone knew if it was poisonous.
There was a response from Facebooker Serena Curnock, saying they had an incredibly painful sting but it was not life threatening.
Another Facebooker said it was a marble scorpion, which was common to the area.
A Queensland Museum fact sheet with a photo confirmed it was a marbled scorpion (lychas variatus) and it was common throughout Queensland.
"This is a small, slender mottled scorpion that is widespread throughout coastal Queensland ," it stated.
"Although no Australian scorpions are known to be dangerously venomous, a lychas species (lychas marmoreus) which commonly enters houses... is responsible for the majority of severely painful stings in Australia."