DOZENS of people have been forced out of their homes after a fire in a unit block on Brisbane's northside overnight.
Eighty people were evacuated from the unit block on Hamilton Rd at Chermside early this morning.
It's believed the blaze was sparked when an earlier fire at the unit block reignited about 1.30am.
That fire, reportedly in a barbecue, was extinguished about 4pm yesterday afternoon and the building deemed safe.
However, residents say they were woken by fire alarms about 2am this morning and were forced to flee the building through thick smoke.
No-one was injured.