Terms and Conditions: APN ARM – Win a Dream Family Break
1. Entry to this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
2. Contestants must 18+ years of age and be an Australian Resident to be eligible to enter this competition.
3. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 95 008 637 643.
4. To enter, Contestants must enter on-line through their local newspaper (listed below). Contestants must need to complete all required information correctly to constitute a valid entry.
5. Contestants can only enter once and there is only one (1) prize.
6. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
7. Entries must be received during the Entry period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
8. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
9. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. The competition commences at 00:01am (AEST) Tuesday December 22, 2015 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) Sunday January 10, 2016 (closing time/date).
11. A single winner (“Winner”) will be selected by electronic random draw at APN Newspapers Pty Ltd offices, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006 at 10:00am (AEST) Monday January 11, 2016.
• Return economy airfares for two (2) adults and two (2) children (aged between 0 – 13 years) from the winner’s nearest major airport to the Gold Coast.
• Three (3) night’s accommodation in a resort room (Paradise Resort Gold Coast).
• 4 day’s car hire.
• Unlimited entry for 2 adults and 2 children (aged between 0 – 13 years) to Dream-world, WhiteWater World and SkyPoint Observation Deck for up to seven (7) con-secutive days.
• Total of four (4) x individual ten (10) minute sessions (one per guest) on the new V8 Simulator. V8 Simulator Experience is subject to all ride safety conditions. Guests must be 12 years or over to redeem.
• The winner must claim their prize from their local newspaper office by 5:00pm (AEST) Friday January 29, 2016 or the prize will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw.
• The winner must redeem the prize by June 27, 2016.
• Prize can be taken anytime between 27/01/16 – 27/06/16, excluding peak period 25/03/16 – 08/04/16.
• All components of the prize are subject to availability.
• The total maximum retail value of the prize is $6,830.00 (inclusive of GST).
• The prize winner will be required to provide at least three (3) weeks’ notice of their intent to travel.
• Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee, at the cost of the prize winner.
• Children under the age of 18 years must travel with a parent or legal guardian for the du-ration of the travel period.
• Each prize does not include any additional charges which may be incurred in connection with the redemption of the Prize, which has not been outlined in the Prize description in-cluding, but not limited to:
o Transfers to and from the original airport
o Costs incurred to obtain any passports, documents for travel, car hire, travel in-surance, spending money, food, costs incurred with the accommodation provid-er or any other attractions or activities.
o Any changes in travel requirements are subject to the prior approval of Dream-world and any costs incurred in connection with any such change must be cov-ered by the prize winner.
o Any additional travel arrangements which are not included in the Prize must be made by the prize winner at his or her cost.
o Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged, redeemed for cash or sold.
• Each prize must be taken as a whole and no variations can be made.
• Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
• Any unused portion of the prize is not transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods and services and cannot be taken as cash.
• Any change to the value of the prize between publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
• Selection of airlines, flights, accommodation and any other component included in the prize is at the discretion of Dreamworld.
• Flights may only be taken from the winner’s nearest Australian major domestic airport to the Gold Coast or Brisbane.
• All components of the prize must be taken together.
• Each component of the prize is subject to relevant conditions and availability.
• Accommodation is based on room hire only.
• Any meals or incidental costs are the responsibility of the winner.
• Any changes which are required to the specific accommodation are subject to availability and at the expense of the prize winner.
• The prize winner is subject to the standard conditions of stay as defined by the resort.
• Prize winner may be required to provide a credit card prior to checking into the accom-modation.
• Any bond costs must be provided by the prize winner and will not be payable to Dream-world.
13. Car Hire
• The car hire will be available upon arrival at the Airport of choice, Gold Coast or Brisbane for pick up and drop off at the airport on departure.
• It is a condition that the hirer be 25 years of age and over and hold a current Australian or New Zealand Drivers Licence.
• Provisional Licences and learners permits will not be accepted.
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage, mistreatment or ill manner to the hire car caused by the hirer.
• The Promoter will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the hirer through mistreatment, illegal behaviours or a violation of the car hire’s terms and conditions of use.
• The car hire only covers the day rate hire of the car, all insurance, petrol and damage costs will be the responsibility of the prize winner.
• The prize winner will need to present a current credit card for security purposes upon col-lection of the vehicle.
14. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
15. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
16. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
17. The prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification by telephone and confirmation email/letter. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in each news publication on Wednesday January 13, 2015 (listing below). All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
• Daily Mercury
• The Morning Bulletin
• The Observer
• Fraser Coast Chronicle
18. Prizes must be claimed in person from the newspaper publication they have entered through unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. The winner will be provided with instructions as to how the Winner can claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to the prize. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
UNCOLLECTED PRIZE REDRAW
19. Should the prize be unclaimed, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw by random draw at APN Newspaper Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 at 10:00am on Monday 1 February, 2015. The Winner will be contacted by telephone and email.
20. The Contestant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledg-es that the Contestant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
21. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupt-ed in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulation’s, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modi-fy or suspend or recommence the Competition.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY
22. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
i) Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by The Promoter or any Contestant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
ii) Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
iii) Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
iv) Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
v) Any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
23. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes available or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
24. All Contestants enter the competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (“the Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Contestant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including, without limitation:
i) Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
ii) Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
iii) Any liability for personal injury or death.
25. All Contestants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products and services.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT TO USE INFORMATION
26. The Contestant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to:
• Collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, uses and disclose personal information about the Contestant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia.
• The Contestant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter, however existing uses of the images and recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
• Contact the Contestant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.
27. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
29. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.