Terms and Conditions: APN Newspapers – Win the Ultimate CMC Experience
1. By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
3. Contestants must be aged 18 years and over the time of entry to be eligible.
4. Contestants must enter online at their locally distributed newspaper site listed at section 7.
5. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 21 009 657 943. Permit: NSW/LTPS/16/01340
6. To enter, Contestants must go on-line at their local newspaper website (see listing) to register their details in full, commencing 12:00am (AEST) Saturday February 20, 2016.
7. The on-line entry form must be completed in full.
8. Entries must be received within the Promotion period.
9. Contestants may submit more than one entry, however can only win one (1) prize.
10. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
11. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
12. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
13. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Major prize of two (2) tickers to CMC Music Awards and CMC Rocks 3 Day Festival 10 – 14, 2016), retail value $2,388.00. This prize includes:
o Return economy flights to Brisbane for two people, one (1) night’s accommodation in Brisbane for the CMC Music Awards, return transfer to CMC Rocks Qld Festival held at Willowbank and 3 nights camping including a 2 person tent, 2 stretcher beds and a lamp. Linen not included.
Runner up prizes for 12 winners, 1 from each newspaper site, retail value $558.00 (inclusive of GST).
o 2 tickets to the CMC Rocks 3 day Festival (March 11 – 13, 2016). Travel and accommodation not included.
o Winner must be at least 18 years of age and their guest must be at least 16 years of age.
o Total retail value of prizes in the competition is $9,084.00 (inclusive of GST).
Winners must collect their prize by 4:00pm (AEST) Wednesday 9 March, 2016.
Uncollected prizes after 4:00pm (AEST) Wednesday 9 March, 2016 will go back into a prize redraw and drawn randomly at each newspaper site (refer section 24) at 10:00 (AEST) Thursday 10 March, 2016.
14. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any Variation in item values.
15. Winners must be at least 18 years of age and their guest must be at least 16 years of age.
16. Major prize winner flights are only included if the prize winner is from Mackay, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Bundaberg or the Fraser Coast.
17. The event date is set and transport and accommodation cannot be used for any other days or any other reason.
18. 1 night’s accommodation in Brisbane – the prize covers accommodation only. The winner is responsible for any incidentals or anything charged to the accommodation as per the hotel’s policy.
19. Check in is Thursday March 10, 2016 and check out is Friday March 11, 2016.
20. Return transfers to CMC Rocks Qld Festival held at Willowbank is organised with a shuttle service on Friday March 11, 2016 from the Brisbane hotel to Willowbank with transfer on Monday March 11, 2016 to Brisbane Airport for departing flight.
21. Campsite is at Willowbank Raceway.
22. Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
23. The competition commences on Saturday February 20, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) Thursday March 3, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
24. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
25. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
26. The prize winners will be selected in an electronic random draw at the APN Newspaper office, Level 5, 100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 at 10:00am (AEST) Friday
March 4, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
27. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. Winners will be published in each of the 12 newspaper publications on Tuesday March 8, 2016 (please see listing at section 30).
29. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
30. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
31. Winners will be published in the following newspapers:
Daily Examiner (Grafton)
Gympie Times (Gympie)
QT (Queensland Times) (Ipswich)
Northern Star (Lismore)
Sunshine Coast Daily (Maroochydore)
The Chronicle (Toowoomba)
Warwick Daily News (Warwick)
Fraser Coast Chronicle (Maryborough/Hervey Bay)
Gladstone Observer (Gladstone)
Daily Mercury (Mackay)
The Morning Bulletin (Rockhampton)
32. Prizes must be claimed in person unless Winners are otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required.
33. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
34. All prizes (other than specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
35. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
36. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
37. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.