TERMS AND CONDITIONS: NewsMail – Cheap Eats
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Contestants must be Australian residents who reside within the NewsMail distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 years and older to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Promoter is Bundaberg Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670 ABN 68 009 656 955.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the NewsMail newspaper on Tuesday March 1, 2016.
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full; then
- Deliver to NewsMail, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670; or
- Send to: PO Box 3006, Bundaberg, Qld 4670.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however there is only one (1) prize.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering or posting entries.
- There will be One (1) winner chosen by random draw.
- One (1) voucher for a meal at Light House Hotel, retail value $50.00 (inclusive of GST)
- The voucher is for food only. Beverages not included.
- Voucher expires one (1) month from the date of issue to the winner.
- The redemption of the voucher excludes school holidays or public holidays.
- The voucher must be used in full in a single transaction, with no change or a voucher for a lesser value being issued on any unredeemed amount.
- Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- If the voucher is lost, stolen or damaged, it cannot be replaced.
- The total maximum retail value of the prizes is $50.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any Variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Tuesday March 1, 2016 and closes at 4:00pm (AEST) Tuesday March 15, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected in a random draw at the NewsMail office, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670 at 4:00pm (AEST) Wednesday March 16, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The Winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be published in the NewsMail Public Notices section of the newspaper on Friday March 18, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless Winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes (other than specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. Prizes that remain uncollected (other than those specified) 90 days after notification will be re-entered into an uncollected prize redraw at NewsMail, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
22. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
23. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
24. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
25. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
26. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
27. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
29. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.