Terms and Conditions: NewsMail - Celebrate Australia Day
- The Promoter is The Bundaberg Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670 ABN 68 009 656 955.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter?
- Entry is open to Australian residents who reside within the NewsMail distribution area except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- Entrants must be aged 18+ years to be eligible to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated competition entry address in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
- The competition commences on Monday January 4, 2016 and closes on Monday January 18, 2015 at 12:00pm (AEST). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition closing date and time.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
- Entrants may enter the competition by completing an entry form published in the NewsMail Monday, Wednesday and Friday between Monday January 4, 2016 and Friday January 15, 2016.
- Deliver entries to 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited to, entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses or PO Box addresses.
Number of Entries permitted
- Contestants may enter more than once, however, there is only one (1) prize.
Draw and notification of winner
- The winners will be the first valid entries submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions that is drawn by a random draw at the NewsMail office on Tuesday January 19, 2016 at 10:00am.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
- The winner/s will be notified by telephone after the random draw once entries are verified and validated. The winner of prizes will be published in the NewsMail Public Notices on Thursday January 21, 2016.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (address holder).
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
- Total prize pool retail value is $170.00 (including GST) as at the commencement of the competition.
- There is one (1) prize available for one (1) winner consisting of:
- One (1) NewsMail branded Marquee (3m x 3m), including frame, top, 3 sidewalls, pegs, ropes and a carry bag. Individual retail value is $110.00 (inclusive of GST); and
- One (1) Puma Beach Cricket Set consisting of: 2 plastic cricket bats, 2 plastic stumps, 2 plastic base, 2 ball & carry bag. Individual retail value is $60.00 (inclusive of GST).
Prize must be collected by the winner 5:00pm Friday January 29, 2016 or prize will be redrawn in an uncollected prized redraw at NewsMail on Tuesday February 2, 2016 at 10:00am. Redraw winner will be notified by telephone after the draw has been completed. Prizes (other than specified) must be collected within 90 days from notification.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner will sign a legal release form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. All entrants agree that if they win a prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the Internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with posting or delivering entries in a standard envelope format.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize/s if an entrant who claims to be the prize winner is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and Liability
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with APNARM, NewsMail or the advertising or marketing thereof in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration to entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from an offender are reserved.