TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NewsMail – 12 Hams of Christmas
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Queensland residents who reside within the NewsMail distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age and older to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Bundaberg Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670 ABN 68 009 656 955.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the NewsMail newspaper each Monday, Wednesday and Friday between October 29, 2016 and December 14, 2016 (inclusive).
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full; then
- Deliver to: NewsMail office, 36-38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670; or
- Send to: PO Box 3006, Bundaberg Qld 4670.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see clause 18).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however any contestant can only win once.
- While entry is free, contestants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering or posting entries.
- The first 12 contestants drawn at random from all valid entries received, will win:
- One (1) voucher for a ½ Leg of Ham, retail value $60.00 each, redeemable from
The 1st – 3rd winners drawn from 12 (4 – 3) will win a Bonus Prize Cooking Pack that includes:
- Salters Scales; Kitchen Craft Blow Torch; Dline Pudding Cloth; Fox Run Christmas Tree Cookie Cutter, Fox Run Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter; Maxwell & Williams Shortbread Moulds; Maxwell & Williams Ham Basting Brush; Fox Run Holly Picks; Maxwell & Williams Tomato Slicer; Oxo Good Grips Vegie Peeler; and Eterna Fish Turner, retail value $237.77 each (inclusive of GST).
- Total Prize value for 1st – 3rd prize winners is $297.77 each (inclusive of GST).
The 4th – 6th winners drawn from 12 (4 – 6) will win a Bonus Prize Party Pack that includes:
- One box of 6 Maxwell & Williams White Wine Glasses; Maxwell & Williams Barrel Cheese Grater; Chocolate Fork; Zyliss Avocado Tool; Bartender Corkscrew; Eterna Apple Corer; Chef Inox Melon Baller; Dline Crab Cracker; Bottle Opener; Vacuvin Wine Saver; Maxwell & Williams Tomato Slicer; Oxo Good Grips Vegie Peeler; and Eterna Slotted Spoon, retail value $212.75 each (inclusive of GST).
- Total Prize value for 4th – 6th prize winners is $272.75 each (inclusive of GST).
The 7th – 9th winners drawn from 12 (7 – 9) will win a Bonus Prize Utensil Pack 1 that includes:
- Maxwell & Williams Tomato Slicer; Oxo Good Grips Vegie Peeler; and Eterna Slotted Spoon, retail value $37.93 each (inclusive of GST).
- Total Prize value for 7th – 9th prize winners is $97.93 (inclusive of GST).
The 10th – 12th placed winners drawn from 12 (10 – 12) will win a Bonus Prize Utensil Pack 2 that includes:
- Maxwell & Williams Tomato Slicer; Oxo Good Grips Vegie Peeler; and Chef Inox Fish Turner, retail value $39.93 each (inclusive of GST)
- Total Prize value for 10th – 12th prize winners is $99.93 (inclusive of GST).
A further ten (10) contestants will be drawn from all other valid entries received and will win:
- Maxwell & Williams Swivel Peeler; and Fox Run Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter, retail value $13.94 each (inclusive of GST).
- Total retail value consolation prizes is $139.40
The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $ 2,444.54 (inclusive of GST).
- All prize winners must collect their prize by 12:00pm AEST Wednesday December 21, 2016. Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw (see clause 29).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Saturday October 29, 2016 and closes at 4:00pm AEST Wednesday December 14, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to enter.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via random draw at the NewsMail office, 36-38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld at 9:00am AEST Thursday December 15, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the NewsMail Public Notices on Saturday December 17, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the NewsMail office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be picked up by the date specified in Clause 14. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and conditions, and winners will be drawn via random draw at 12:30pm Wednesday December 21, 2016. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
33. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
34. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
37. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.