News

Tradies locked out of Sunwater for 24 hours

PROTEST: Eletrical Trades Union delegate Scott Reichman with demonstrators outside the Sunwater offices in Enterprise St on Tuesday. Photo Christina Ongley / NewsMail
PROTEST: Eletrical Trades Union delegate Scott Reichman with demonstrators outside the Sunwater offices in Enterprise St on Tuesday. Photo Christina Ongley / NewsMail Christina Ongley

SPARKS continued to fly between the Electrical Trades Union (ETU) and Sunwater, after four tradesmen and three apprentices were locked out of their workplace on Enterprise St for 24 hours.

ETU state organiser Scott Reichman said the workers were locked out today after they announced there would be a four-hour work stoppage in protest about their new enterprise bargaining agreement.

"We've been negotiating with Sunwater since May for a new enterprise agreement," he said.

"Negotiations started because Sunwater's been directed by the Government to strip away their conditions such as job security."

A Sunwater spokesperson said due to the ETU's timing of the work stoppage, it was impractical for Sunwater to offer work for the limited part of the day ETU members taking action would be available.

Topics:  electrical trades union, sunwater




Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Arthur's life is a story worth telling

Arthur Dingle and his new book Neversay Never. Photo: Craig Warhurst/News mail

Arthur Dingle share's tales from his 73 years in Never Say Never

What's open on show holiday?

BARGAIN HUNT: Shoppers converge on Hinkler Central in search of a bargain on Boxing Day. Photo taken on Friday, 26 December 2014. Photo: Max Fleet / NewsMail

Show holiday business open times

Latest deals and offers

Sale nears on last large block of land in Coolum

The 43.37ha property on South Coolum Rd has sold.

South Coolum Rd property to be land banked

Caloundra’s former Centrepoint Buffet site up for sale

FOR SALE: The home of the old Centrepoint Buffet

Restaurant fined for unhygienic practices closed months ago