A large grass fire is burning near Bunker Rd, Round Hill (between Gladstone and Bundaberg).
Eight fire crews are working to contain the blaze, which broke out Sunday.
There is no threat to homes at this time.
A large smoke haze is affecting Round Hill Rd, heading to Agnes Water.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area as smoke may affect visibility on the roads.
Residents should consider taking precautionary measures including:
• Putting on protective clothing;
• Drinking lots of water;
• Moving car/s to a safe location;
• Closing windows and doors and shutting blinds;
• Bringing pets inside, restraining them (leash, cage or secure room) and providing water;
• Wetting down fine fuels close to buildings;
• Removing garden furniture, doormats and other items;
• Sealing all gaps under doors and screens;
• Filling containers with water - eg bath, sinks, buckets, wheelie bins;
• Having ladders ready for roof space access (inside) and against roof (outside);
• Having a generator or petrol powered pump ready; and
• Checking and patrolling outside for embers, extinguishing any spot fires and seeking shelter as the fire front arrives.
Residents are advised to call 000 if they believe their property comes under threat.
Regular updated information will be provided on the Rural Fire Service Queensland (RFSQ) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or listen to local radio.
EARLIER: SIX Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) crews are on scene at a large vegetation fire burning near Bunker Rd, Round Hill.
Further crews are en route and firefighters are working to control the blaze, which broke out on Sunday.
Residents in the surrounding areas of Captain Creek and Round Hill may be affected by a smoke haze and should close windows and doors.
Those who suffer from a respiratory condition are advised to keep medications close by.
Motorists should drive with caution and to conditions. If residents are concerned their property is under threat they are advised to call 000.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.