UPDATE: Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones in Bundaberg, Monto, Biggenden and Childers.
A Childers resident called in to say hail had been falling in the town this afternoon.
EARLIER: The Bureau of Meteorology has warned severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in towns including Monto over the next several hours.
The bureau said locations which may be affected include Biloela, Monto, Baralaba, Theodore, Moura and Eidsvold.
Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:
- Move cars under cover or away from trees
- Secure loose outdoor items
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500
If severe thunderstorms develop in the Southeast Queensland area (east of Dalby from Rainbow Beach to Stanthorpe), a more detailed warning will be issued to people in this area.
Regular warnings are also available through TV and radio broadcasts, the bureau's website or call 1300 659 219.