News

Neighbour allegedly showed 12-year-old girl porn film

THE trial of a 50-year-old Bundaberg South man who allegedly showed two pornographic films to his 12-year-old neighbour has begun in the Bundaberg District Court.

The defendant, who can not be named to protect the complainant, is charged with one count of indecent treatment of a child.

In her opening address Crown prosecutor Katrina Overell told the court the complainant, a 12-year-old girl, was alone with the defendant in his bedroom when he allegedly showed her the films.

Ms Overell said the incident occurred on February 22 last year and earlier that day the complainant, her mother and three siblings had spent time at the defendant's house.

She said the complainant and her brother had been mowing the defendant's lawn and learning to use the lawnmower.

Ms Overell said during the trial the seven women, five men jury would hear from five witnesses, including the complainant, the complainant's mother and brother.

She said the court would be shown a police video recording in which the complainant says the defendant told her she would "have to learn about it sooner or later" as he played the films.

Ms Overall said the complainant also told police the defendant told her the women in the films "took special pills not to get pregnant."

Ms Overell said the complainant described the content of the films as disgusting and said it made her feel "uncomfortable and not very good inside."

She said during the trial the court would hear evidence that when the complainant returned home she allegedly told her mother she had watched "sex movies."

Ms Overell said the complainant's mother reported the incident to police and when they searched the defendant's house they allegedly found a USB with six pornographic films, two of which matched the description of the explicate material the complainant had described to police.

But Defence lawyer Andrew Hoare said there were inconstancies in the versions of events that would be given as evidence, which would create reasonable doubt.

The trial, before Judge Michael Rackemann, is expected to continue today.

Topics:  bundaberg, court, crime, editors picks, porn




Woolworths not ruling out Bundaberg store closures

Some Woolworths stores in Australia are set to shut down.

Woolworths to close stores that are not performing

INXS guitarist to share his story in Bundy

INXS member, Kirk Pengilly, performs with the band at the SCG in Sydney on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010. INXS have been announced as the headline musical act at the 2010 AFL Grand Final pre-match entertainment at the MCG. (AAP Image/Paul Miller) NO ARCHIVING

Heading to the rum city on March 3 next year Pengilly will share his

Latest deals and offers


Licking incident bars Ariana from performing at White House

Ariana Grande has been blocked from performing at the White House

Taylor Swift's ex throws support behind Kanye West

Calvin Harris shares a sing-along with Kanye West

Michael Jackson's jailed doctor wants his license back

Conrad Murray wants his medical licence back.

Pokemon Go: "Trading" on the horizon as game evolves

No Caption

Pokemon GO players will soon be able to trade with other trainers

Bindi Irwin: ‘I’ve lived 10 lives in one lifetime’

Bindi meets her fans.

SHE'S just turns 18 but Bindi's life has been full of experiences

Rockhampton cook through to MasterChef semi-final

FAMILY:MasterChef semi-finalist Harry Foster pictured with his mum Ria McClelland.

Harry Foster through to MasterChef semi-finals.

You can own this Queensland town for just $1

Yelarbon

Unprecedented auction of town's business centre with no reserve

Work starts on $15M Caloundra apartment building

Turning the first sod at the Aqua View Apartments site in Kings Beach are (from left) husband-and-wife developers Alex Yuan and Stella Sun with construction company Tomkins director Mike Tomkins and Councillor Tim Dwyer.

Developers excited about addition to Kings Beach skyline

72-year-old Coast developer set to start new project

GREEN LIGHT: The Cosmopolitan has been approved for development at Cotton Tree.

Meet the Canberran set to deliver another chapter for Coast suburb

Plans revealed for 1500-lot 'master-planned community'

Precinct will be bounded by Boundary St and Shoesmith Rd

Ecco Ripley sales run sparks prime release

MOVING IN: Sekisui House has announced the release of more residential blocks at Ecco Ripley.

Sekisui House is preparing to unveil more land at Ecco Ripley

The climb is slow but property on the way up

Michael Matusik, director of Matusik Property Insights.Photo Allan Reinikka / The Morning Bulletin

The improvement would be mild when compared to past cycles